Friday, October 16, 2009

Fragile Live Art-lesson 3, 2007.a. videost, arvamuslugu

Your presentation was very interesting. I enjoyed it a lot after all the speaking and listening. You are very energetic. Nevertheless, although it was lovely just to sit and enjoy the video, I was hoping that you would tell a bit of your premises, especially how student's input and your own work overlap. Maybe in your next presentation you could analyze that a bit after the presentation of video? Your presentation inspired me in a way you combined music and visuality, but at the same time it raised many pedagogical questions. Were the painting canvases given tostudents with something already painted by you on them? I suppose that was the case? If you do it that way, why is it? Do you seeyour own way of expressing a way to teach - of maybe even manipulate - or a fruitful visual learning process for the teenagers? Your way of teaching reminds me a bit of some traditional painting schools: the relation between novices and an expert. Novices learning through the master's techique and subjects and develop through that their own skills and their own creativity. It would be interesting to hear how much space is left for students' own imagination. How do you see your view points of pedadogy? I think it would be very interesting for you to analyze the relation between your own visions and way of expressing, and student's possibilities to express something from their points of views through learning from you. As you see your presentation inspired me very much, at the same time I find your presentation and approach to student working controversial. It seems to me that you combine master-novice -style with something unique.
Anniina Koivurova, Lapin Yliopisto.

No comments:

Post a Comment